Destroy the Icon - Process

 

 I messed with a copy of the image and the blending modes to find a soft light filter with the copied image. This is just my work that I had as I worked alongside the tutorials.


I then used a mask and my selection tools to create a transparent copy of the foreground, which includes the men on the steel beam. I'm planning on using this on top of whatever overlays/blends I use with the scanogram-style part to emphasize the focus of the image maybe.


I found a high res image of a galaxy pattern and applied that on top of the existing layers, messing with the blending tools. I think this image is a little dark so I plan on working with a mask and brush tool, but I think it's an interesting addition to the image.


I used my transparent image I cut out earlier to put on top of the image, then messed with the blending tools to create an image with more definition in lights and darks. I'm happy with how this looks, but I'm definitely positive that it still is a copyright issue.



I then duplicated the transparent with the mask and messed around more with the composition. I'm not sure if I like this but it's making it look more like my own image.

Comments

  1. I love how your image has turned out so far! I think the repetition is really interesting. Something else you could explore is flipping every other version of the people on the beam. I think it could add more variety and make it seem like there is a larger group up there. You could also play around with the transparency and blend modes of the additional versions to create more of a sense of movement. I think the galaxy pattern is really interesting and the soft magenta color is very pleasing. I look forward to seeing what other textures and overlays you explore in your image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the last one came out. The layering reminds me of how blurry things get when I take off my glasses. I think the galaxy background it cool. I think messing with the transparency to make it even more messy or blurry almost would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project One - Process

The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 1

The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 2