The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 1

 

For this first iteration, I am working with blending modes and masks to combine certain elements of some of the objects and images I captured. I want them to interact with the background, which was an image of the sky with a house at the bottom. Right now I'm liking the colors and idea, but I want to develop it a little more as I add things. Considering this is only combining four of my images, I have a long way to go before I'll be trying out new ideas-- for now I want to just add onto this and incorporate as many of my images as possible.

Comments

  1. I love the texture of the sprinkles! The childlike colors and pattern contrast really well with the skeleton at the bottom. I'm excited to see where this project goes from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm conflicted about the "make love not war" sign. On the one hand, having it be a bit difficult to read can draw viewers into the work, but it's also a delicate line to unreadable. I think were you have it right now is probably optimal, and would keep that in mind while adding iterations/layers.
    Love your work overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the colors and textures you created here, however I agree with Sylvia that the "make love not war" sign is a little difficult to read. The cartoonish/childish style is strong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project One - Process

The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 2