The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 2

 

This was my first image. I included a few transparents that I made with masks and collaged them onto a square canvas size. 

I developed the first image into the second image by adding a few more layers and removing what I thought was too busy. The concept for this part is images that remind me of my past, whether its my childhood, my adolescence, or the past few years. It is a good mix of many things, and to fill in the empty space I included lyrics to one of my favorite songs, which happens to have to do with time passing.

I messed with some blending modes and curated an image that I actually really like. 




Comments

  1. I really like the exploration of a collage technique within this piece. Compared to your previous iteration, I think the text is more readable within this piece but also it seems to blend in with the image since there is so much of it that it feels like it takes less prescience within the image. I think this allows some of the other elements like the skeleton to stand out more which is really nice. The handwritten text combined with the pink colors does remind me of Mean Girls, which I think is something to keep in mind with whether or not you want your image to be connected to the film or not and how that may affect the way viewers approach your image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy how this reminds me of my adolescence, collecting items into my locker. And thinking now, what would I put in a locker today? The presence of these objects that ring as visual indicators for time spent in school, by friends, and in the waves of puberty, make this piece a relatable one to many viewers.
    -Elena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project One - Process

The Cyclical Nature of Things: Process 1